Saturday, August 22, 2009
77 life guides
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
3. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, “I love you”, mean it.
5. When you say, “I’m sorry”, look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it’s the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don’t judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly, but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Say “bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.
16. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
17. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
21. Spend some time alone (make your own me time).
22. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
23. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
24. Read more books and watch less TV.
25. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll get to enjoy it a second time.
26. Trust in God, but lock your car (hahaha, i agree this one).
27. Create a loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
28. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
29. Read between the lines.
30. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
31. Be gentle with the earth.
32. Pray. There’s immeasurable power in it.
33. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
34. Mind your own business.
35. Don’t trust a man/woman who doesn’t close his/her eyes when you kiss.
36. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
37. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth’s greatest satisfaction.
38. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
39. Learn the rules then break some.
40. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
41. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
42. Remember that your character is your destiny.
43. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good. (and it is good)
44. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
45. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
46. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch!
47. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
48. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
49. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
50. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
51. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
52. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
53. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
54. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
55. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
56. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
57. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
58. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
59. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special..
60. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
61. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple (well for me, it's red hehe).
62. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
64. What other people think of you is none of your business.
65. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
66. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
67. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
68. Believe in miracles.
69. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
70. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
71. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
72. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
73. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s,we’d grab ours back.
74. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
75. The best is yet to come.
76. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
77. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift. So, thank God for it :)